Learn more about your Medicare options
Original Medicare is managed by the Federal Government and includes Part A and Part B. By itself, it is just a starting point for your healthcare.
- Part A covers in-patient medical hospital care, nursing facilities, hospice, and some home health care.
- Part B helps cover the cost of doctor’s visits, outpatient care, and some preventive services.
You usually pay a monthly Part B premium and must meet yearly deductibles. Original Medicare will then cover 80% of the approved amount and you’re responsible for the remaining 20% of the cost.
Original Medicare doesn’t cover everything. Items and services like most prescription drugs, hearing aids, and routine dental care are not covered. There is also no limit on your yearly out-of-pocket costs.